A small group of Members usually meet every month to discuss a different book. During the initial Coronavirus Lockdown meetings of the Book Club were suspended as libraries were closed but over the summer outdoor meetings were held in the gardens of members under social distancing rules. Meetings have now moved online which take the form of a lively discussion of the most recently read book.
The Book Club started in 2011 and numerous books have been reviewed by Lickey Members across a range of authors. The Members suggest titles and copies are obtained from the local library. Questions on the latest book read by the group are discussed.
The next book to be read and reviewed will be “Tales of Guildford Street” by Grace Caroline Holte.
Members recently read “The Fallen Rifle” written by local author Clive Evans. Clive joined the December online meeting of the Book Club when Members enjoyed the opportunity to interact with the author. Clive was pleased to receive feedback as well as answer questions on his book.
Other books studied include:
- “The Search Party” by Simon Lelic
- “The Hunting Party” by Lucy Foley
- “The Giver of Stars” by Jojo Moyes
- “Chocolat” by Joanne Harris
- “Perfect” by Rachel Joyce
- “The Long Call” by Ann Cleeves
- “Raven Black” by Ann Cleeves
- “Nine Perfect Strangers” by Liane Moriarty
- “Middle England” by Jonathan Coe
- “The Keeper of Lost Things” by Ruth Hogan
- “The Worst Case Scenario Cookery Club” by Chris Manby
- “The Thread” by Victoria Hislop
- “The Murder of Roger Ackroyd” by Agatha Christie
- “Three Things about Elsie” by Joanna Cannon
- “Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine” by Gail Honeyman
- “I Found You” by Lisa Jewell
- “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society” by Mary Schaffer
- “The Last of the Greenwoods” by Clare Morrell
- “Life After Life” by Kate Atkinson
- “The Couple Next Door” by Shari Lapena
Return to Home page or use Menu (top right) to choose another page